Thursday, February 05, 2009

Googling Andrew

A quick Google search yielded this...

OCTOBER 4, 2000

Shadow stance









Caroline Limuti/Daily Forty-Niner

The sun casts shadow patterns through the awning on the University Music Center where freshman Andrew Redd waits for his Music 190 class to begin.

http://www.csulb.edu/~d49er/archives/2000/fall/v8n22/

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Ah yes, I know this pic. This was from my very first year of college at Long Beach State, before I even got into UCLA. A photographer for the school newspaper just passed by and asked if she could take a candid shot of me for the school newspaper. I said "sure," obviously. And that was that-- from then on, I was introduced into the world of the Google search!

What's interesting to me about the photo is noticing how my fashion has changed over the years. I never remember dressing like that. And yet... there's the proof. I look like my friend DJ. Very "typical American boy" of me. I don't even remember owning a pair of Tevas. I do remember having the long shorts though, although I don't wear shorts anymore. I loved those shorts; I wore them into the ground.

It's interesting how the influences around you can change you: your fashion sense, your opinions, God knows what else... and then you're a different person altogether. ... With not even a memory of this other person from the past, now dead and gone. That's why I appreciate this pic, it's a record, albeit brief, of another time.

I think I'm too easily influenced and changed by circumstance, perhaps. Already, I am a different person than I was, even a year ago, in so many ways. It makes it difficult to know who you really are. Like floating with no anchor.

Sheila said...

Hey, Andrew, Maybe this is how I can get in touch with you now. Through blogging. What a concept! So modern. Fragment. Of course, I don't know if this will show up because I have almost no idea what I'm doing. Love, Mom

Andrew said...

Hey mom, blogging is good. But better for cyber chit-chat, you've joined the world of Facebook now! Ain't technology grand?
Love, Andrew

Post a Comment

Post a Comment