Monday, August 23, 2004

Galway celebrity sighting

Well, I certainly didn't think I would be making any reports of celebrity sightings here, but...

I just passed Elijah Wood on the sidewalk (Upper Abbeygate Street). We brushed shoulders. He was walking with a girl. He's a little bit shorter than me and he's dyed his hair black. I heard him talking and I detected a bit of an accent; that faker, he's as American as we are. Though maybe he's been here a while, I don't know...

5 comments:

Angela Pratt said...

Wow, are you sure it's him? Is he making a movie there? Maybe it was just a leprechaun. ;-)

Andrew said...

haha, I don't know if he's doing a movie here or what. But I'm 100% positive it was him.

Angela Pratt said...

A quick Google query yielded this Elijah quote from '02: You know, one of my favorite places actually, is Ireland. I spent about three or four months in Ireland about four years ago and I loved it. I lived in Dublin for a couple of months working on a movie [Oliver Twist], and I loved Ireland, and since I’ve always wanted to go back. It’s difficult to pick a favorite place, because I’ve been lucky to travel to some wonderful places and I’ve kind of fallen in love with each place that I’ve traveled to. So it’s difficult to kind of settle on one. I’ve got the kind of problem of enjoying the places that I travel to, too much. So it’s difficult. But I loved Ireland, yes.

Sheila said...

Eileen, Elijah Wood is, or was, Frodo, the Hobbit in "Lord of the Rings." Cher's kid was named Elijah Blue, I think. If you're planning on becoming part of the Hollywood scene you're going to have to get more with it. Sheila

Anonymous said...

Elijah who? I guess I haven't a clue. Are you Lynch's keeping a life list, like Eddie does with birds, of the stars you have seen in person? Poopedoop

Post a Comment

Post a Comment