thanks yall so much for wishing me a happy birthday. I am 23 now. I didn't do much for my birthday. That was the day my parents left, and today I've just moved into the acomodations provided by Trinity College. Tomorrow the class actually starts. Moira, thank you for singing the birthday song. I don't seem to have headphones at this computer in the internet cafe (I have not yet heard anyone's audio blog, but i will make that a priority). . And this is for Angela: yes, the i-pod media reader is the slickest coolest thing ever. It sucks up the info reasonably quick, and I still have way capacity. I can't view the pics in the i-pod's screen, of course, but I will view them when I get home back to my computer. When you use your digital camera what resolution and image quality do you set it for? The 512 mb card gives me around 3,000 pics when I leave the camera on its default resolution (which is the worst)... and setting it to the "large" and "super-fine", the 512 mb card only gives me around 200 pics. And , of course, there are varying degrees between those...what do you think I should set it at? what do you do?
Yes, My dad (who was the only coffee drinker among us) had frequent complaints about the coffee. I have never been a coffee drinker, but I was getting into the habit of drinking tea everyday here (when in Rome, after all). my mom and I would have tea everyday.
Now, I thought I would give up caffeine, so I haven't had tea in 36 hours. The fact that I can tell you how many hours it's been might give you a clue as to how I feel about that. I just had a three hour nap from 3-6pm...just like yeterday. I think I might even be getting sick now. It seems to me caffeine actually sustains life, what was I thinking? So much for trying to be healthy. Who am I to be such a dirty hippy/health nut to quit caffeine? I might have a cupa tea again soon, since without it I've been a bit of a soul-less husk, an empty shell where life used to reside...
Thanks again for warm birtday greetings,
love to all,
Andrew
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Twenty-three rhymes with footloose and fancy free...
Dang, no audio? Maybe they'll let you borrow a real computer with SPEAKERS at Trinity College.
Re: digi pics. I shoot RAW whenever possible. Large would give me 192 shots, versus 68 RAW, on my 512 MB card. I have 2 512 cards. All my flower pics must be RAW so I can send them to stock photo agencies. Large JPEGs are fine for web publishing and 4"x6" snapshots. All depends on what you's wantin' to be doin'. Bottom line is, if you will be printing larger than, say, 8x10, you'll want to shoot in RAW or TIFF only.
Glad to hear you and your mum had tea together. I'm with Stan... gotta have real coffee and Ireland simply doesn't have it. Tea! See? Listen to how it sounds... "Tee"... there's no caffeine in that sound!
Sooooo glad to hear about the iPod's fabulosity. I may have to trade in my mini for a maxi. I love my mini, though. Oh, dilemma, dilemma.
Post a Comment